Talking Control is a 12-week programme and runs on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9.30-3pm.
Hosted at: Staines Rugby Club, Snakey Lane, Feltham, TW13 7NB
We work with groups of up to 18 young people per course.
* Cohorts for young people who are at risk of or have permanent exclusion from school. To re-engage them back into school, an apprenticeship, college.
* Young people who are either currently at Feltham YOI on ROTL to assist with their transition and re-engagement into society in a positive way.
We are supported through a huge host of volunteers: personal trainers, charities, coaches, mentors and University placement assistance.
CALMS (Community Action Lead Mentoring & Sport) is a collaborative rolling programme runs every Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10-1pm. Financed by London Borough of Hounslow, Thriving Communities.
Hosted at: Hanworth Centre, 64 Hounslow Road, Feltham, TW13 6QQ This provision is for young people aged 13-17 who are not engaging in education or need respite from their education setting.
This is a collaborative community group run by No Shame in Running director, Garvin Snell and staff with ‘lived experience’
We are supported through a huge host of volunteers: personal trainers, charities, coaches, mentors and the Backstreet Dojo.
We adhere to current government covid regulations
Young people take part in:
- Rugby, American football, boxing, personal training sessions – Taking Control
- Boxing, Martial Arts and HIIT training – CALMS
- Personal development workshops which focus on; run on all courses
- knife crime and youth violence
- mental health and well-being
- behaviours and consequences
- future pathways
- Social time to interact with each other and staff
- 1-1 mentoring
The programmes are an alternative provision which aims to:
- Engage young people into positive activities
- Raise the confidence and self-esteem of the young people
- Support young people to build resilience and overcome barriers
- Support them to re-engage back into education
- Divert them from criminal activity
- Help them create a positive plan for their future
Starts: 21st February 2022 – 27th May 2022
12 weeks excluding school holidays
3 days a week.
Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 9am – 3pm
Includes breakfast and lunch on site. All kit is provided.
Email Steve Leach, Programme Director if additional information is required. firstname.lastname@example.org
Sports included. No previous experience needed: rugby, football, boxing, American football, Personal Training
1-2-1 mentoring and group sessions.
Workshops on: grooming, anxiety, stress, self belief, knife crime and more.
Starting 4th January – 31st March 2022
Every Tuesday and Thursday, 10am – 1pm. Includes use of the Boxing Dojo, Mentoring, Mental Health, Wellbeing, Re-engagement and workshops on crime, grooming, self belief, anxiety and more.
Click here for full details and to reserve your place: CALMS – Community Action Lead Mentoring & Sport