Talking Control is a 12-week programme and runs on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9.30-3pm.
Hosted at: Staines Rugby Club, Snakey Lane, Feltham, TW13 7NB
We work with groups of up to 18 young men over 3 months.
* Young people who are either currently at Feltham YOI on ROTL to assist with their transition and re-engagement into society in a positive way.
* Cohorts for young people who are at risk of or have permanent exclusion from school to re-engage them back into school, an apprenticeship, college.
We are supported through a huge host of volunteers: chefs, personal trainers, charities, coaches, mentors and University placement assistance.
CALMS (Community Action Lead Mentoring & Sport) is a rolling programme run on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10-1pm.
Hosted at: Hanworth Centre, 64 Hounslow Road, Feltham, TW13 6QQ This provision is for young males or females who are not engaging in education or need respite from their education setting.
This is a collaborative community group run by ‘No shame in running’ director, Garvin Snell and funded by Houndslow Council, Thriving Communities.
We are supported through a huge host of volunteers: personal trainers, charities, coaches, mentors and the Backstreet Dojo.
Introduction to Construction
We ran a hugely successful collaboration pilot programme over 5 weeks ending July 2021
Hosted at: Hounslow Heath Community Centre, 190 Edgar Road, Hounslow, TW4 5QP for young people aged 14-17 years, max 14. This provision includes construction, woodwork, tilling, plumbing and more and gives the participants an insight into all construction elements.
Following this success, we have collaborated with Ixion to offer a 4 week course
Every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
Time: 09:30 – 15:00 Working towards:
* Employability, Construction L2 + CSCS card
* On program support and 28 days progression support on completion of the program
* Traineeship, employment, and training progression routes
We adhere to current government covid regulations
Young people take part in:
- Rugby, American football, boxing, personal training sessions – Taking Control
- Boxing, Martial Arts and HIIT training – CALMS
- Construction, boxing – Introduction to Construction
Personal development workshops which focus on; run on all courses
- knife crime and youth violence
- mental health and well-being
- behaviours and consequences
- future pathways
- Social time to interact with each other and staff
- 1-1 mentoring
The programmes are an alternative provision which aims to:
- Engage young people into positive activities
- Raise the confidence and self-esteem of the young people
- Support young people to build resilience and overcome barriers
- Support them to re-engage back into education
- Divert them from criminal activity
- Help them create a positive plan for their futu
Starts 1st November – January 2022
12 weeks excluding Christmas break
3 days a week.
Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9am – 3pm
Includes breakfast and lunch on site. All kit is provided.
Email Steve Leach, Programme Director if additional information is required.
Foundations for your future
Start date: Monday 4th October – 4 weeks
Every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
Time: 09:30 – 15:00
For ages: 16 – 24 years
Venue: Hounslow Heath Community Centre, 190 Edgar Road, Hounslow, TW4 5QP
Qualify to attend: Please confirm all below apply to you before applying:
- I have a recognised form of ID
- NEET – Not in Employment or Education
- I have the right to work in the UK
- I am computer literate
CALMS – places available.
Starting 21st September 2021
Every Tuesday and Thursday, 10am – 1pm. Includes use of the Boxing Dojo, Mentoring, Mental Health, Wellbeing, Re-engagement and workshops on crime, grooming, self belief, anxiety and more.
Click here for full details and to reserve your place: CALMS – Community Action Lead Mentoring & Sport