Through the core values of rugby, we help you achieve your goals.
INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | DISCIPLINE | SPORTSMANSHIP | RESPECT | ENJOYMENT
You do not need to have any rugby experience, however the core values of rugby are the ‘vehicle’ that drives the programme and your change. Teamwork, Respect, Enjoyment, Discipline, and Sportsmanship.
A ‘Turn-Over’ is a specific rugby term. A ‘Turn-over’ is when a team re-gains possession of the ball and therefore takes control of the game. Project TurnOver aims to reverse the current situation of participants, allowing them to re-gain control of their future.
What are the outcomes?
After completing Project TurnOver, the participant can:
Head in a positive direction towards the life you want and deserve
Push through barriers and challenges
Become a TurnOver Legend
Some of the outcomes include
- To positively function within a team on and off the pitch.
- Insight into, and knowledge of, learning socio-emotional behaviour of rules and values
- Participation in lived experience anti crime, grooming and addiction workshops
- Return to full time school
- Being able to deal with setbacks and convert them into learning moments
- Identify with strengths, weaknesses, possibilities, and challenges
- Identify personal possibilities regarding work/training/future opportunities
- Older groups – Draw up, adjust, and keep a current and usable CV
- Write a realistic and relevant job application
- Participate in a realistic and successful job interview
- Participate in a rugby team as a rugby player in games and ideally become a member of a rugby club
Courses include: mentoring, 1-2-1 discussions and guidance, boxing, football, personal training, American football, rugby, life skills and behaviour change.
“I was selling drugs, involved in gangs and my main focus was hunting down the man who nearly killed me. The first few days at Turn-Over I thought it was like any other course. I was very wrong.”
Learn to engage through teamwork | respect | enjoyment | discipline | sportsmanship.
Our programmes help you! Each person is individual with individual challenges to overcome.
We were delighted to welcome RK back onto the course. When he initially joined the programme, he was smoking weed, excluded from school and hanging around with kids on the streets. He came back to visit us recently to celebrate achieving his goals to:
* Get back into a main stream school
* Stop smoking weed
* Not spend time with people who negatively impact on his life
We celebrated with cake, soft drinks, treats and a gifts for RK –
HUGE WELL DONE ‘LITTLE MAN’